As promised I have my favorite squash recipe and a couple more of my baby food go-to's these days. I started each of these when Isabella was about 10 months old and she love, loves all of them....She is my perfect judge on how I'm doing in the baby food making department and so far I get an A+.
1 butternut squash
1 lb ground turkey (all natural, grass fed)
1. Cut your butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
2. Place 1 in of water in an 9x12 baking dish.
3. Place squash in dish, meat side down
4. Cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
5. Scoop out meat of squash and set aside.
6. Ground and cook turkey on stove top until cooked through
7. Place cooked turkey and squash into blender or Beaba to mix...
8. Place in storage containers, label, and freeze
Makes ~24 oz
I love squash...you can mix it with so many things...our other favorites are squash/kale, squash/spinach/quinoa and squash/quinoa/green peas
I waited a bit to introduce yogurt to Isabella because she had such issues when I had dairy while nursing but she hasn't had a single issue and LOVES yogurt....this is my favorite mix for Isabella
1- 4oz yogurt
1/2 organic banana
1/4 c cooked organic quinoa
1. Cook quinoa (directions here)
2. In a bowl (I love this one) mash together 4 oz yogurt, 1/2 banana and 1/4 cup quinoa
3. Refrigerate overnight or serve immediately.
I make a big batch of quinoa on Sundays so I will have some to mix up each day....You can also use this attachment for your Beaba to cook your grains...I love this yogurt mix for Isabella's breakfast....I usually buy organic Greek Yogurt or I love Yo Baby yogurt...Isabella's favorite is the pumpkin/banana...
Other mix options:
Blueberry Yo Baby
+ 1/4 cup fresh blueberries and quinoa-mash and mix together
Strawberry/Banana yogurt-1/2 banana and quinoa
Options are endless mix any flavor yogurt, fresh fruit and quinoa!
I mix this up either the night before or morning of...perfect well balanced breakfast:)
I contemplated buying a pumpkin and cooking it but when I found this can it was a no brainer...super easy, only ingredient is 100% organic pumpkin...sold....if you want to cook your own pumpkin, cook it according to squash directions above...
1 can organic pumpkin
2 organic bananas
1 cup barley
1. Bring 2 cups of water to boil on stove top, add barley, reduce heat and let simmer 15 minutes.
2. Cut banana into small pieces.
3. Place drained/cooked barley, pumpkin and banana into blender/Beaba
Place in storage containers-my faves here and here-label and freeze for later use
You can substitute the barley for any of the grains below...
Makes ~24 oz
Here's a picture of my favorite organic grains
I also recently have fallen in love with Target's new brand Simply Balanced
and they have these mixes that I will be trying when the above are out...way to go Target
once again you are on Target with health and design appeal!
Sorry for the poor photos this time...I used my old half working iPhone to capture them:)
Happy cooking!! Let me know if you have any favorites or great mixes!