I hosted Book club this week aka girl's wine night..it was SO fun, we talked way too late, ate too much, indulged in some vino and did a favorite things exchange…here is the table and menu:)
Crescent wrapped Brie
Hearts of palm salad
Boursin Mushroom chicken
Mint poke cake
Crescent wrapped brie
- 1 jar apricot preserve
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 6 ounce round brie
1. Preheat oven to 375 (according to crescent roll directions)
2. Roll out crescent roll dough on cookie sheet
3. Spread apricot preserve generously over dough
4. Place brie in center (you don't have to remove outer casing but you can if you'd like)
5. Wrap the dough carefully around the brie crimping edges
6. Bake according to crescent roll directions approximately 15 minutes
Serve warm with apples and crackers
Chicken with Boursin Mushroom Sauce
Adapted from Baked Bree
Mint Poke Cake
1 Devil's chocolate cake mix (eggs, oil, water per box instructions)
1-14.5 oz sweetened condensed milk
1-12.8 oz jar Hot fudge sauce
1-10 oz package Andes Mint chips
1-16 oz cook whip
1/2 tsp mint flavor
1. Bake cake according to box instructions. Allow to cool
2. Poke holes in cake evenly across entire cake using end of wooden spoon.
3. Pour can of condensed milk over cake fling hold.
4. Heat hot fudge in microwave about 30 seconds and pour over cake. Sprinkle 1/2 cup Andes Mint chips over entire cake.
5. Mix cool whip with 1/2 tsp mint flavor and spread over fudge/Andes mint layer
6. Top with Andes Mint chips
Refrigerate at least 4 hours then serve.
Doing a favorite things exchange was so fun…I am so thankful for sweet friends and girl time!! There are so many ways to do a favorite things party. We chose to bring 1-$15 favorite things gift and do a gift exchange where each person unwrapped or could steal a previous gift up to 2 times….I purchased flameless candles with a timer from Target…one of my faves…similar here